1) Belief in One G-d, Supreme and Eternal, Infinite and Mighty, Merciful and Compassionate, Creator and Provider
2) Belief in all the messengers of Almighty G-d without any discrimination among them. Every known nation had a warner or messenger from Almighty G-d. Some of the names of Almighty G-d’s great messengers are Noah, Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, Jesus, and Muhammed, may the peace and blessings of Almighty G-d be upon them all.
3) Belief in the angels of Almighty G-d. Angels are honored creatures. They worship Almighty G-d alone, obey Him, and act only by His command.
4) Belief in Almighty G-d’s revealed books. Almighty G-d revealed books to His messengers as proof and guidance for the human person.
5) Belief in life after death. All people will be judged by Almighty G-d according to their beliefs and deeds.
6) Belief in Qadar (Qadaa). Muslims believe in the timeless knowledge of Almighty G-d and in His power to plan and execute His plans. We should have strong faith in Him and accept whatever He does because our knowledge is limited and our thinking is based on individual or personal considerations, whereas His knowledge is limitless and He plans on a universal basis. This does not in any way make man fatalistic or helpless. It simply draws the demarcation line between what is Almighty G-d’s Power and what is man’s responsibility.
“G-d” “We are not the first to make this change. To recognize the word dog in the reverse reading of the name of G-d is distasteful. Many Jews agree. We favor such Jewish sentiments and share the concern.”
Imam W. D. Mohammed 9-30-98
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.